Instructed by Joe Larson
Course Overview and Purpose:
To counter the ‘dumbing down’ of America’s heritage by nearly 100 years of revisionist history, perpetrated by Marxist / Humanists who permeate the education establishment of this nation. America is prosperous, powerful and the leader of the free world because of the principles she was founded upon. These principles are America’s heritage. Because knowledge of our heritage has been lost, America is losing her way. If we restore the knowledge of our great American heritage, America herself will be restored.
This course of study will focus on our nation’s founding documents and upon the words of the men who wrote them. This course will prove that the true foundation of our Constitutional Republic is Christianity. You will learn by reading the words of the Founders themselves and the words of those venerable scholars that the founders trusted and were guided by.
Original intent (original meaning and source) will be the basis upon which this course is taught. Lesson II will spell out and define the concept of original intent. You will discover the origin and true meaning of liberty, rights, basis of government and your duties as a citizen. If ‘we the people’ do not clearly understand the source of our government and freedom, how then can we ever expect to maintain that government which was created to protect our freedom?
Knowledge will forever govern ignorance: and a People who mean to be their own governours, must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. James Madison to WT Barry, August 4, 1822
If a nation, in a state of civilization, expects to be ignorant and free, it expects what never was and never will be. Thomas Jefferson
How can we hope to retain our freedom through the generations if we FAIL to teach our young that our liberty springs from an abiding faith in our Creator? President Ronald Reagan 6-May 1982, (in observance of The National Day Of Prayer)
- Introduction: Editorials by Joseph R. Larson and Rush H. Limbaugh II, and reading of the Battle Hymn Of The Republic.
- The concept of original intent: How to read the Constitution according to the Founding Fathers. Then read: The Declaration Of Independence, The Story of a Government That Almost Didn’t Happen, The Bill Of Rights, The Preamble, and the Constitution (as you have time through the course).
- A Republic not a Democracy: Read The Fundamental Orders 1639 and the song America The Beautiful 1893.
- Our Christian nation: Read The Mayflower Compact 1620, The First Thanksgiving Proclamation 1676, The First Prayer in Congress 1774, George Washington’s Prayer For Salvation, Ben Franklin’s call to prayer, the song America 1832 and last an 1864 Proclamation by President Abraham Lincoln.
- Success of the Republic: Read Thomas Payne The Times That Try Men’s Souls and the song The Star Spangled Banner.
- The Rights Of The Colonists and warnings of our Founding Fathers. Then read: Patrick Henry’s Give Me Liberty Or Give Me Death.
- A study on the First Amendment – there is no such thing as Separation of Church and State. Then read: Thomas Jefferson’s letter to the Danbury Baptist Church and The Magna Carta 1215
- Re-Read ‘Original Intent’, then A study on the Second Amendment: Read Declaration Of The Causes And Necessity Of Taking Up Arms
- The most important Founding Fathers and basic knowledge lost: Read portions of Andrew Fletcher’s A Discourse Of Government With Relation To Militias, and quotes by Professor Alexander Tytler.
- Know thy enemy: In their own words.